In honor of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep us safe.
Memorial Day is all about celebrating the lives of the men and women who paid the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country. The United States is made great because of their heroism. Their lives are remembered, honored, and celebrated by all of us, including the friends, family, and fellow service members who knew them best.
Join us on Saturday, May 25 for a Memorial Ruck!
The event will begin at 8:00am on Satruday, May 25. Expected to conclude around 11:00am.
Registration before March 23 – $45.00
Registration before April 24 – $55.00
Registration between April 25 – May 24 – $65.00
Day of Event $75.00
*Registrations before April 24 receive a t-shirt and Velcro flag patch.
*Registrations April 25 and after, receive a Velcro flag patch and an option to purchase a t shirt while if available.
Route: The route is set at 10 miles starting and ending at the Holland Community Aquatic Center. The primary means of travel will be by foot on the sidewalk. Map details will be provided the day of and posted at the Holland Aquatic Center.
What to Bring:
1. A Ruck sack aka backpack. Everyone Rucks at least the same weight (45lbs) or more and should include:
· Extra shoes, hiking shoes or boots
· Extra socks
· A few grocery bags or a trash bag.
· Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
· First-aid kit
· Windbreaker (if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
· Music device and Bluetooth Speaker (Optional
· Misc. weight (clothing, books, whatever you can find)
2. Hydration Bladder: 3L/100fl oz recommended or more
3. Water bottle (1L) (electrolytes recommended)
4. Flip-flops (not required) – for use upon completion of Ruck.
5. Trail mix, snack bars.