You might find it a little LONELY
at the polls on Tuesday, May 8.
This is because our pool’s millage renewal request is the ONLY ITEM on the ballot.
The ballot for the May 8 election will only show our 5-year millage renewal request. It will be a far cry from many of the other ballots you’ve seen recently. You won’t have to vote on a long list of political candidates, judges, university trustees, and regional proposals. So while the May 8 ballot may look unusually small, your vote is still big. The renewal of our pool’s current operational millage will allow us to continue providing a wide range of aquatic safety and instructional programs. Approval of the renewal will not increase your taxes.
5 Facts about our pool’s millage renewal request:
- If you are a registered voter and live in the Holland Public School District – you can vote on our pool’s renewal request.
- The pool’s request will not increase your taxes. The pool is asking for a 5-year millage renewal at the current rate.
- The funding our pool receives from our millage represents 60% of our annual operating finds.
- Renewing the millage will allow the pool to continue providing a wide range of aquatic safety, instructional, and recreational programs to our community.
- Since first opening our doors in 1968, voters have overwhelmingly approved every operational millage request. This has kept us going strong!
Bonus Fact: We’re grateful for your consideration.
3 FAQs about our pool’s millage renewal request:
- What’s the purpose of the renewal request? The funding we receive from our millage revenue represents 60% of our annual operating budget. The renewal of our pool’s current operational millage will allow us to continue providing a wide range of aquatic safety, instructional, and recreational programs. The renewal will allow our pool to remain open to everyone 7 days a week.
- Will this renewal increase my taxes? Is this any different than what the community approved in 2013? No. This is exactly the same request approved 5 years ago. The current millage rate remains unchanged.
- As a taxpayer who lives in the pool authority area (the HPSD boundaries), do I receive any extra benefit? YES! Every month we have a Resident Appreciation Day. Residents of the HPSD can show theur valid ID and receive free admission on these days. This allows everyone to use our pool regardless of income. Along with this, Residents of hte HPSD receive discounts off standard rates.
- If I have questions about the millage renewal request who so I call? Call us at 616-393-7595! We will also be holding a community information meeting here at the pool (550 Maple Ave) on Tuesday, May 3 at 7 pm.
Are you registered to vote? You can easily check your status here.
Where is your polling station? Check the map so you know where to vote on May 8!